25 N US HWY 67 Carrollton IL 62016
Jennifer Russell serves as a community and economic development educator covering six counties in west central Illinois (Calhoun, Cass, Greene, Jersey, Morgan and Scott) and statewide by request. Jennifer works with business owners, school districts, governmental officials, and non-profits to provide leadership on strategic planning initiatives (i.e., broadband infrastructure, downtown business districts, tourism development, leadership development and poverty initiatives). Jennifer also provides business trainings on team building, Real Colors™ personality assessment and customer service.
Jennifer has worked for University of Illinois for over 23 years with previous work experience in state and federal government. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a Master’s in Public Administration from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.
She is a member of the National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP) and past president and current secretary of the Illinois-Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (IL-ACDEP).
Recent Programming Includes:
- 2022 Grafton Tourism Report
- 2021 Grafton Tourism Report
- 2021 Greene County Grocery Survey Report
- 2020 I-Rural: Reimagining Illinois Rural Tourism Grant (Grafton, Havana, Savanna, and Galena)
- EDA Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Planning and Facilitation and development of the 2020 Western IL River Valley CEDS covering Calhoun, Jersey, Greene, Macoupin, Montgomery, and Christian Counties (5-year plan June/Dec 2020-June/Dec 2025) Additional comprehensive project listing file is also available.
- On the Front Line Customer Service
- Rural Development Series