Jennifer Russell serves as a community and economic development educator covering six counties in west central Illinois (Calhoun, Cass, Greene, Jersey, Morgan and Scott). Jennifer works with business owners, school districts, governmental officials, and non-profits to provide customer service trainings, strategic planning, and tourism development. Jennifer also offers facilitation support for organizations trying to build consensus and develop short and long-term goals.
Jennifer has worked for University of Illinois for over 20 years with previous work experience in state and federal government. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a Master’s in Public Administration from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville.
She is a member of the Community Development Society (CDS), the National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP) and President of the Illinois-Association of Community Development Extension Professionals.
Recent Programming Includes:
- Greene County Grocery Survey Report
- I-Rural: Reimagining Illinois Rural Tourism Grant (Grafton, Havana, Savanna, and Galena)
- Business reopening tips help customers feel safe
- On the Front Line Customer Service
- EDA Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy Planning and Facilitation
- Scaling Up Restaurant Operations Webinar Part 1
- Be Ready when your Doors Open Blog for Business Owners
- Scaling Up Restaurant Operations Webinar Part 2