In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
4-H at the Illinois State Fair
Invite your friends to Join 4-H
We want to celebrate your achievements. Each member is required to complete the following records:
- Member Record
- My 4-H Project Record (Green sheet)
- My 4-H Activities Record (Tan sheet)
- Outstanding First Year Member Record
- Outstanding Second Year Member Record
- Community Service Member Record
- Livestock Records for each project, including rabbits, sheep, dairy, beef, poultry, swine, goats, and horses
- Junior Leader Form (optional)
- Secretary's Book
- Treasurer's Book