Become a Master Gardener
JOIN THE MASTER GARDENER TEAM!
If you value education, love gardening, and like to volunteer, the Master Gardener program is for you!
Completing the interest form is the first step in becoming a Master Gardener volunteer or to take the Master Gardener course.
Once you submit this interest form
1) The Master Gardener Program Coordinator will contact you for an informal interview.
2) When accepted into the program, you will be asked to complete 7 forms (required documents below) as required by the State Master Gardener program.
3) You will then receive final registration and course information. The in-class fee is $200 and the online fee is $300. Financial assistance may be available.
4) Classes and 40 hours of volunteer time are mandatory in order to become a certified active Master Gardener. Volunteer time can be completed within 2 years of taking the course.
5) To maintain certification in subsequent years, you must complete 10 hours of continuing education and 20 hours of volunteer activities annually.
- Program fee is $200 for in-class or $300 for online. Financial assistance may be available.
- Talent Release (pdf)
- Code of Coduct (pdf)
- Illinois CANTS Form (pdf)
- Master Gardener Application (pdf)
- Master Gardener Trainee Agreement (pdf)
- Extension Participant/Volunteer Agreement to Assume Risks Form (pdf)
- Sterling Background Form