Extension Educator, Local Food Systems and Small Farms
The Dixon Springs Agricultural Center was established in 1934 on about 5,100 acres of unglaciated Ozark Uplift land, primarily Fraguidalfs and Fluventic Haplaquepts, near Simpson in Pope County. It is the largest experiment station of its kind east of the Mississippi River. DSAC links the laboratories and classrooms of University of Illinois and the USDA with the farms in Southern Illinois. Researchers at DSAC coordinate their programs to meet the needs of area farmers.
To contact the main office, call Sandra Ethridge at 618-695-2441.
Return to Dixon Springs Homepage.