4-H Youth Development
In 4-H, you learn by doing and you usually have a pretty great time while you're doing it! Want to know more about what your 4-H experience might look like?
- Create and build things. Whether you're inspired by robots and drones or photography and recipe cards, our programs give you the tools and the opportunities to create, imagine, and build.
- Travel and see the world around you. In 4-H, you can travel across the state and around the world if that's what you're in to. Dream big and discover the world through our programs.
- Explore careers that interest you. In 4-H, career exploration is more than just reading about possible jobs, it involves rolling up your sleeves and trying it on for size.
- Make new friends. From clubs to camps to field trips, in 4-H you'll meet new people and experience new social and cultural events. It's pretty easy to form lasting friendships when they're based on shared interests and experiences.
- Teach and inspire kids. 4-H helps prepare youth for roles as leaders in their classrooms, communities, and future careers. We'll help you develop the skills you need to work with youth in your community and help them launch their own 4-H journey.
- Help others. A core aspect of 4-H is learning to serve with and for those around us. 4-H clubs create opportunities for members to find meaningful ways to impact the people and neighborhoods they live in.
- Meet cool people and earn cool prizes. Who wouldn't love the chance to meet and learn from some of the best athletes, actors, scientists, and artists in their fields? Our network of professional contacts is deep and wide - you never know who might show up at a 4-H event!
4-H is a place where you can find where you belong. It's where you decide what matters to you and learn about things that interest you. And, it's the place where you serve in the community where you live.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Interested in learning more about 4-H but not sure where to start? Complete this interest survey to find the 4-H group that's just right for you. If you're already a member, you'll find everything you're looking for in the links below.
County 4-H Programs
SPEAKING OUT FOR 4-H! - Become a 4-H Ambassador.
Become a 4-H Ambassador!
You love 4-H. We need you to help tell that story to the public. The purpose of the 4-H Ambassadors is to provide a voice for youth through promoting the 4-H program. The group consists of members from each of the 5 counties in the Unit area. This group will be vital in promoting the benefits of 4-H membership to other youth, volunteers, donors and elected officials. This will be done in several different ways including networking/education or demonstrating/teaching. (*The Ambassador program is not the same as Federation, however youth can be in both Federation and an Ambassador.)
Application to become a 4-H Ambassador - Please follow the directions on the application and complete all areas of the application. DEADLINE TO APPLY July 31, 2023
Application to re-apply to return as a 4-H Ambassador - Please follow the directions on the application and complete all areas of the application. DEADLINE TO APPLY July 31, 2023