4-H Youth Development Reporting
Staff working with youth audiences should follow 4-H specific directions when reporting their direct education work in PEARS. General Extension reporting guidelines can be used when reporting work with strictly adult audiences (programs that reach both youth and adults should use 4-H specific guidelines). Note that 4-H educators are still required to follow Extension-wide reporting guidance when submitting yearly plans of work and impact reports.
Download the resources below by clicking on the link for each document.
- 4-H Reporting Guide (detailed printable PDF with 4-H specific instructions for entering program activities with screenshots, along with frequently asked questions)
- 4-H Program Activity Quick Guide (abbreviated printable PDF with 4-H specific instructions for entering program activities, previously known as group enrollments)
- 4-H Show/Fair Quick Guide (abbreviated printable PDF with 4-H specific instructions for entering shows/fairs as program activities)
- 4-H Zoom Registration Quick Guide (abbreviated printable PDF with 4-H specific instructions for collecting participant data for reporting for Zoom-based programs)
- Related resource: Standard Questions for 4-H Program Registration Forms (word document you can cut and paste from to create registration forms with options that match the reporting system)
- Program Activity Data Collection Form (form to help you keep track of the date you need to enter a program – formerly called a group enrollment - in PEARS)
- Partner Data Collection Form (partner-friendly form to help collect demographic data from partner sites for reporting in PEARS)
Watch the training videos below for detailed instructions on 4-H reporting.
- 4-H Reporting Training (detailed training covering how to enter 4-H programming in PEARS, along with frequently asked questions)
- 4-H Fairs/Shows Reporting Training (specific instructions on how to enter a fair or show in PEARS)
Key reporting deadlines
- April 21, 2023: report on activities conducted 9/1/22 to 3/31/23.
- July 10, 2023: report on activities conducted 4/1/23 to 6/30/23.
- September 10, 2023: report on activities conducted 7/1/23 to 8/31/23. Finalize all activities conducted 9/1/22 to 8/31/23.
Request a new PEARS site: email@example.com
- Include organization name, address, city, and zip in your request