Sheep Weigh-in for Market Lambs
May 4 from 4-7pm
McHenry County Fairgrounds
COUNTY FAIR ONLY:
The following rules can be found in the McHenry County 4-H Livestock showbook
- All market lambs must have been tattooed by McHenry County Extension or designated superintendent the McHenry County Extension of University of Illinois before May 15, 2022.
- No hand written Scrapie tags will be allowed. All sheep must have USDA approved PRINTED Scrapie tags. The USDA approved PRINTED Scrapie tags will be verified at initial May weigh-in AND prior to unloading at the fair.
STATE FAIR ONLY:
New nomination format - No more Regional check-in site
- Market Wethers & Market Ewe Lambs:
- Self-nomination as follows: Nominations must be signed by local Extension Office.
- Exhibitors fill out and send in nomination form with photo of lamb’s ear with scrapie taginstalled in ear (close up photo of ear so scrapie tag can be read).
- This must be completed between March 15 and May 15, 2022.
- Send to Dan Jennings, Region 1 Office, 1100 E.,Warrenville Rd., Suite 170, Naperville, IL 60563.
- Jr. and Open Premiere Wether lambs: - Weigh-in, tattoo, and nomination procedures:
- Junior and open premiere lambs will be nominated, tattooed, and weighed at the county level.
- Premiere lambs must be weighed and tattooed with the Box A tattoo followed by a number starting with 1 - This must be witnessed by a local Extension employee or a person they designate, such as a volunteer or local sheep superintendent.
- Completed nomination forms must be signed by the local Extension Office. Send nomination forms to Dan Jennings (address above).
- Ownership and nomination deadline is March 15 to May 15, 2022.