- Turkey carcass and all bones from leftover turkey
- 2 coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley with stems
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts water or canned chicken broth if you are short on bones
- Wash hands with warm soap and water
- Break up turkey bones and place in a large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover with water or canned chicken broth or a combination of the two.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, for two hours, skimming foam periodically.
- Strain through a colander, then pour back into pot and boil until liquid is reduced to one quart.
Storage: Store in the refrigerator 3-4 days or freeze for 4-6 months.
Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 70 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7 g
Added Sugars: 0 g
Fiber: 0 g