Events, Workshops & More
Illinois Strong Couples Project
Terrific Teachable Moments
Whether you're in the throes of raising toddlers or learning to navigate the needs of your aging parents, each stage of family life brings new challenges. We're here to help connect you with information and resources that are based on sound science and best practices. We're here to walk with you every step of the way!
- Reliable Health Information - Know who to trust
- Communicating with Children During Stressful Times
- Feelings of displacement- infographic
- Helping Children Cope in Times of Stress
- Handwashing with soap and sanitizer - Video
Resources for Families
- Your New Baby: From crying to sleeping to child care, great resources for new parents
- Dealing with Toddlers: Strategies for dealing with toddlers.
- Nibbles: A variety of resources for families with young children.
- Helping Kids Succeed in School: Resources to help parents and schools support learning and school success.
- Brain Health for kids: Brain health resources across the lifespan
- Parenting 24/7: Raising children and managing family life.
- Family Works: A series of strategies for building stronger families.
- Tareas Familiares: Tareas Familiares es un programa con estratégias para construir familias fuertes.
- Parenting Again: A newsletter focused on grandparents raising their grandchildren.
- Walk in My Shoes: Learn what it feels like to be older and what happens to our bodies as we age.
- Brain Health Resources: Brain health resources across the lifespan
- Long-Term Care: Learn about planning for and managing long-term care needs.
- Caregiving Resources: Learn about resources available for caregivers.
- Stain Solutions: This comprehensive site will help you conquer nearly any stain, including the supplies you will need and the preferred method for safely remove the stain.
- Dealing with Clutter: Are you overwhelmed with clutter? This website helps you deal with the many barriers to getting organized.
- How to Dispose of Unwanted Medicine: Learn how to safely dispose of unwanted medicine and personal care products.
- Take Action on Radon: Radon is an invisible, odorless, tasteless radioactive gas that is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
- Healthy Indoor Air: The Healthy Indoor Air web site will help you identify and prevent air quality problems and will give you the necessary solutions.
- Winter Storm Resource Center: Links to the information you need to cope with severe winter weather.