4-H in Warren County
4-H is a fun adventure every day. Meet new friends, across the street and across the state. Explore careers. Win prizes. Build robots. Innovate. Teach. Create. Bake. Craft. Dream. Grow. Serve. In 4-H, you decide what your club does, with the help of caring adult leaders. The more you do, the greater your chances at earning college scholarships and trips to national conferences. 4-H is the place where you belong and are part of a life-changing group of friends. It's where you decide what matters most to you and learn about things that interest you. And, it's the place where you serve in the community where you live.
Parents, in 4-H, your child will build skills they’ll need to be successful—at home, school, and in their community while they explore amazing careers opportunities. 4-H mentors empower young people to set goals and achieve big dreams. Your child will feel safe and welcomed while they pursue personal interests and build confidence in their skills. 4-H serves all youth from age 5 to 18.
You may think that 4-H is just for kids who live on farms. That’s just not true! Although 4-H started on farms, it's expanded as families have moved to urban areas. Although some 4-H members own livestock animals, lots of members choose other projects such as aerospace, visual arts, gardening, photography, or robotics.
Fairs and Shows
2023 Warren County 4-H Show Book
Warren County General Show Absentee Packet
2023 Livestock Ownership Deadlines
State Fair Weigh In and Premiere Information
Awards - State: Visit the Illinois 4-H website for 4-H member and club awards available at the state level
- 4-H Club Recognition
- Illinois 4-H Experience Award for Individuals
- Holstein-Friesian Association Award
- Illinois 4-H Electricity Achievement Award
- Illinois Sustaining the Future Award
Club Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Meetings tab
- Checklist for Club Officers
- Club Meeting Agenda Template
- Club Treasurer Book
- Club Secretary Book
- Tips for Good Meetings
- Club Fundraising Request Form (click on Fiscal tab)
- and more
Enrollment Resources - County
- Warren County 4-H Enrollment Packet
- 4-H Online Enrollment System
- 4-H Online Enrollment System Instructions for new members or for re-enrolling members.
- Illinois 4-H Project Guide 2021-2022
Enrollment Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to Step 4: Enroll Online
- Agreement to Assume Risk Form (also in Spanish)
- Annual Code of Conduct Form (also in Spanish)
- Member Emergency Medical Form (also in Spanish)
- Member & Volunteer Photo, Audio, & Video Permission Form (also in Spanish)
Project Resources: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Project Record Sheets
- Livestock Records
- Crops Records
- Activities Planning Record
- Project Plans for various age groups
- and more
Project Resources: Livestock Projects
- Quality Assurance & Ethics training - to be completed, online, one time for 4-H members exhibiting dogs, cats, rabbits, poultry and horse projects
- Youth for Quality Care for Animals training - to be completed, online or in-person, annually for 4-H members exhibiting beef, sheep, swine, goats and dairy projects in-person training are available during the late spring and early summer months and include a $3 fee online training is available year-round and includes a $12 fee.
- Required and Recommended Volunteer Trainings: Child Protection, Overnight Chaperone, Volunteer Orientation, Parliamentary Procedure, and Club Program Planning.
- Volunteer Application
- Shooting Sports Volunteer Application