- Multi-Project Clubs are open to youth ages 8-18 as of September 1. During club meetings (usually once a month), members develop leadership, communication, and life skills while making friends, having fun, and serving their community. Outside of club meetings, members independently work on projects, choosing topics that spark their interest.
- Cloverbud Clubs are for children ages 5-7 as of September 1. Instead of doing projects individually, Cloverbud members do activities as a group during club meetings.
- SPecial INterest Clubs focus on one project area, and club meetings are spent developing skills in that areas. SPIN Clubs meet for a limited number of sessions and are open to youth ages 8-18 as of September 1.
How do I join?
- Click on the link below for a list of local clubs, and contact the leader about visiting a meeting. You can choose any club in your county.
- The cost to join 4-H is $20 per member per year. Financial assistance is available.
- The "4-H year" runs September 1-August 31. You can join at any time during the year, but you must enroll by March 1 to participate in the 4-H shows.
Like us on Facebook to see announcements and reminders of our activities.
2022 Sangamon County Show Book – includes show schedules, rules, and exhibit requirements for all project areas
2022 Menard County Show Book – includes show schedules, rules, and exhibit requirements for all project areas
Family Picnic Registration – complete this form by June 21 if your family would like to register for the free picnic lunch on Sunday, June 26; all Sangamon/Menard 4-H families are invited!
FairEntry Instructions – step-by-step guide for registering which projects you will exhibit this year
Quality Assurance & Ethics Certification (QAEC) training – must be completed one time by members exhibiting in Horse, Poultry Rabbit, Dog, and Cat
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) training – must be completed every year by members exhibiting in Beef, Swine, Dairy, Goat, and Sheep; details available in the newsletter and in emails to members enrolled in these projects
2022 State Fair Lamb & Goat Nomination Form – for exhibitors to self-nominate non-premier lambs or goats if showing live animals at the State Fair; must be signed by Extension staff by May 13, 2022
2022 Sangamon County Swine Nomination Form – all swine for exhibit at the Sangamon County 4-H Show must be nominated; form due June 1, 2022
2022 Unit 16 4-H Cat Record Book – must be completed if participating in the Unit 4-H Cat Show; due July 15, 2022 to the Logan Extension Office
Photo/Video Model Release Form – should be used by 4-H members who have included other individuals in their Photography or Video exhibits
4-H Crops Record Form – must be completed by members exhibiting a Crops project
2022 4-H Public Speaking Contest Registration Form – only open to members enrolled in the Public Speaking project; registration due March 24, 2022
Partner with 4-H