University of Illinois Extension is a statewide network of professionals dedicated to creating local community impact and statewide transformation. We do this by translating research and knowledge into practical programs for Illinois residents. Our programs target youth and adults, individuals and families, as well as business owners and community leaders.
Our staffing needs are diverse, but we often have openings for those with an interest in education, agriculture, environmental stewardship, foods and nutrition, and community development. And we are always on the lookout for those individuals gifted in office administration, program planning, IT, and communications!
Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Science (SNAP-Ed) (Extended deadline to apply to June 25)
Position responsibilities include:
- Organizing and conducting programs using policy, system, and environmental changes targeted for limited resource families and communities with the goal of obesity prevention.
- Developing partnerships with community organizations, providing technical assistance and working collaboratively with community partners, and providing professional development for organizations in communities within the target area.
Knowledge of how to initiate community and systems changes using evidence-based strategies for obesity prevention are essential for this position.
Master’s degree in public health, community health, nutrition, dietetics, or field related to subject matter emphasis from an accredited institution of higher education. Candidates with a master’s degree in progress may be considered for interviews, but degree must be completed by hire date.
- Teaching experience in informal or formal settings.
- Experience building collaborations or community partnerships.
- Experience working in diverse settings and communities
- Experience with community nutrition education such as SNAP-Ed or EFNEP.
- Experience with Cooperative Extension.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain diverse networks within a community setting. Knowledge of obesity prevention strategies using policy, systems, and environmental approaches.
Find out more information and apply