The Extension Council is authorized by the University of Illinois Board of Trustees, in accordance with state law, to be actively involved in the operation of University of Illinois Extension. Extension Councils cooperate with Extension staff in planning, promoting, developing, implementing, evaluating, and financing an Extension program designed to meet the needs, interests, and resources of the local communities served.
Some responsibilities of Council Members include:
- Assess community needs
- Serve as a communication channel between the community and the Extension offices
- Identify and utilize community leaders
- Help ensure broad-based programs are available
Please see information about Public Comments during Extension Council.
- September 18, 2023 | Dinner at 5:30 PM | Meeting at 6 PM | Macon County Extension Office
- November 20, 2023 | 6:30 PM | DeWitt County Extension Office
- February 19, 2024 | 6:30 PM | Your Closest Extension Office
- May 20, 2024 | 6:30 PM | Piatt County Extension Office