- 2 pounds fresh or frozen asparagus (thawed), rinsed and ends broken off
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Bring two cups water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus, reduce heat, and simmer until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In the same saucepan, combine olive oil, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Toss with warm asparagus. Serve warm. Garnish with lemon slices.
Store in an airtight container for up to four days in the refrigerator.
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 0 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 7 g
Added Sugar: 0 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 3 g