- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 12-ounce bag of cranberries, washed
- Zest of one orange, washed before zesting
- 1 orange, washed, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a large bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, water, orange and zest.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and punch a few holes. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir well and microwave for an additional 10 minutes.
4. There should be some broken berries, and some should remain whole, surrounded by liquid. All of the sugar should have dissolved, and the liquid should be slightly thick. If not, return it to the oven and cook for 5 minutes longer. The relish will set as it cools.
5. Transfer to a decorative jar or relish dish and chill.
Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator or freeze for up to three months for best quality.
Fat: 0 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 0 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 21 g
Added Sugar: 19 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 0 g