- ½ cup margarine, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine the first four ingredients. Beat on medium with a mixer until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin and egg. Beat in flour. Wash hands with soap and water.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 200° – 209° degrees Fahrenheit on food thermometer and until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium until smooth. Beat in half of the whipped topping. Fold in the remaining whipped topping.
- Spread over cooled, uncut pumpkin bars. Cut into 25 bars.
Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Fat: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 75 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 11 g
Added Sugar: 4 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 1 g