- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet white onion, washed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Check Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow or spotted outer leaves. Using a sharp knife or the slicing disk attachment of a food processor, slice Brussels sprouts thinly.
- Heat a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to a hot pan, and then add onions. Sauté onions until translucent, approximately for 1-2 minutes. Add a handful of the shredded Brussels sprouts. Sauté, toss to coat with oil. Add another handful and continue until all have been added. Sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes total cooking time. The color should remain bright green. Do not overcook.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix well. Adjust seasoning if needed. Cover until ready to serve. Serve hot.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 360 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 8 g
Added Sugar: 0 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 2 g