Macon County 4-H
1 in 14 kids in Illinois is in 4-H. Through 4-H, youth can travel, have fun, build leadership skills and connect with new friends, mentors and future employers. Get ready to make the best better!
Learn more about existing Macon County 4-H clubs below. Don't see one in your area? Start your own club! All you need is an adult volunteer and five youth who will meet at least six times a year and explore one or many project areas.
Clubs not your style? Sign up for an afterschool program or attend 4-H summer camp in Monticello. Teachers, add a 4-H curriculum to your classroom. Teenagers, share your skills and become a 4-H Teen Teacher.
Interested? Ready to take the plunge?
Complete this state interest survey to find the 4-H group that's right for you. If you're ready to start a club or get 4-H in your classroom, please fill out this contact form and a 4-H staff member will be in touch.
The 4-H new year begins September 1. Enroll or re-enroll as a member, family, club or volunteer through ZSuite. Need help? Check out the How to Enroll page. Find all the materials you need for project guides and selection, releases and medical forms, club position books, financial statements, fundraiser and donation documents and more on the Club Resources page.
Cloverbud programs are open to 5 to 7-year-olds. 4-H is open to 8 to 18-year-olds. If you're already a member, explore the links below for more resources.
- Crossfire Shooting Sports: Air Rifle, Archery or Shotgun, character building, and safety. Additional club fees apply.
Beginning Archery: October-December | Air Rifle: January-March | Shotgun: May-July
- Old King's Orchard: Leadership and club projects, Cloverbuds welcome
- 4-H SCREAM: Traditional 4-H Club, First Lego League & First Tech Challenge Robotics Team
- A&O Producers: Traditional community club
- The Green Machines: Individual interests, leadership experiences, community-driven, Cloverbuds welcome
- Long Creek Critters: Individual projects, community service focus
- Maroa Livestock: Large & small animals, general projects, Cloverbuds welcome
- Mt. Zion Blues: Individual development, community service, Cloverbuds welcome
Fairs & Shows
July 1 and 2, 2023 | DeWitt County 4-H Fairgrounds
DeWitt, Macon and Piatt Counties Livestock Show and General Project Show
July 6 to 9, 2023 | DeWitt County 4-H Fairgrounds
Illinois State Fair
August 2023 | Springfield