In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Find a 4-H Club near you.
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
Invite your friends to Join 4-H
4-H at the Illinois State Fair
New Project Guide Available
4-H Science Club
8 afterschool sessions, open to youth grades 6-8, will be held once a month October - May.
Click to sign up: Registration
If you need reasonable accommodations to participate, please call 618-939-3434. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for meeting access needs.
- Monroe County Project Award Application-Fillable
- Monroe County Project Award Application-EXAMPLE
- Monroe County Award Tip Sheet
- Monroe County I Dare You
- Monroe County EEC Electricity Award
- Livestock Record Book
- Instruction Guide for Completing Livestock Record Book
- 2021 Korsmeyer Scholarship Application
- Scholarship Leader Character Recommendation
- 4-H Event Scholarship
- Monroe County Extension and 4-H Education Foundation Scholarship
- 4-H Education Foundation Payment Form