Collinsville, Ill. - The Gateway Green Industry Conference is now taking registrations for the 2020 conference being held on Wednesday, March 4 at the Gateway Convention Center, Collinsville.
The educational program has a track for sports turf, landscape, arborist, plantscape, parks and recreation as well as green industry. If you work in lawn care, landscaping, nursery, a garden center, golf course or any other grounds-related industry, you can get new ideas and research-based information at the Gateway Green Industry Conference. This conference is open to anyone interested in learning more in these categories. Registration remains a great bargain at $80. There is a discounted rate for full-time students and active Master Gardeners and Master Naturalists.
Sessions will include:
- Up and Coming Perennial Stars; Martha Smith, University of Illinois Extension Horticulture Educator
- What’s Ailing My Tree? Common Pests and Diseases of Trees and Shrubs in Illinois – Ken Johnson, University of Illinois Extension Horticulture Educator
- Illinois’ Rarest Trees and The Green Pathway to Invasion: Ornamental Invasive Plants – Chris Evans, Forestry Extension and Research Specialist, University of Illinois Extension
- Aquatic Management of Lakes and Ponds - Fred Cronin, Fisheries Biologist, IDNR
- Right-Sized Native Gardens: Having Success at Home and in Your Community - Scott Woodbury, Shaw Nature Reserve
- New Invasive Pathogens and Annual Updates from the University of Illinois Plant Clinic – Diane Plewa, Plant Diagnostic Outreach Specialist, U of I Plant Clinic
- Other featured classes include: Alternative Tools Used in Woody Invasive Control, Living Carpets: Ground Covers, Hardscaping Basics, and The Red Oak Rain Garden Experience.
Continuing education units to maintain a variety of certifications are available, too. This event is open to the general public.
Questions can be directed to Patty Stanton at 618-344-4230.
University of Illinois Extension provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation to attend this event, please call 618-344-4230.