Soil and water interactions will be the focus of a Soil and Water Management Seminar sponsored by University of Illinois Extension on Thursday, February 20, 2020. The seminar will be held at the Macoupin County Extension Office (#60 Carlinville Plaza, Carlinville, IL). Presentations will be delivered via PowerPoint and web conferencing from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Certified Crop Advisors will receive 4.5 continuing education units in Soil and Water Management by attending this seminar.
Topics to be discussed:
- Extreme Weather and Potential Soil Impacts - Trent Ford, Illinois State Climatologist
- Controlled CRP Burns and Soil Quality - Dr. Sean Jenkins, Western Illinois University
- Irrigation Water Use Reporting - Steve Wilson, Illinois State Water Survey
- In Field Drainage Management Using Control Structures - Dr. Kapil Arora, Iowa State University
- Field Research on Cover Crops and Soil Quality - Nathan Johanning, Illinois Extension Commercial Ag Educator
Registration is $45 per person, which includes lunch. The registration deadline is February 14, 2020. Registration can be completed online at extension.illinois.edu/cjmm or by calling 217-854-9604. For more information, email Ashley Belle, Ph.D., Extension Educator, Environmental and Energy Stewardship, at email@example.com.
University of Illinois Extension provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this program, please contact our office. Universidad de Illinois ofrece igualdad de oportunidades en programas y empleo. Si usted necesita un ajuste razonable para participar en este programa, por favor póngase en contacto con nuestra oficina.