Love taking photos on your cell phone? Want to learn how to create images instead? This summer, youth age 12-18 can participate in a fun, hands-on photography program either in-person in Kankakee (either at the Extension office or a nature location offsite if the weather allows).
We will use the 4-H project guides Photography I, II, and III as the basis of our learning and will get as far as we can during our time together. Topics in Photography I may include basic concepts, lighting and fun with shadows, directing the light, composition, point of view, worm and bird's eye, and so much more.
Locations - Kankakee Extension Office or other natural locations as the weather allows. This may include Perry Farm Park, Kankakee River Valley Forest Preserves, Kankakee River State Park, etc.
We know life is busy and you may not be able to make all dates and that's ok. We'll do our best to provide you with materials and/or handouts to do the activities at home when you can. Please indicate on the registration which programs you will be at in person.
Dates & Times
- Thursday, June 1, 7:00 PM Photography Scavenger Hunt/Bingo Opens (Virtual Kickoff Event) - separate registration
- Tuesday, June 13, 3:00-4:30 PM
- Thursday, June 15, 3:00-4:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 20, 3:00-4:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 27, 3:00-4:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 12, 4-5:30pm CULMINATING EVENT (Photography Showcase Gallery) right before Small Pets Show
- Saturday, July 29 9-11 AM (optional) host activities/presentations during the General Projects show.
- Kankakee Fair Week (optional) host activities/presentations in the club display building
- Additional optional activities such as nature and night photography may be added as the time gets closer.