What's it like in 4-H?
In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Below you will find our 10 local 4-H clubs listed, along with the date and time they meet each month. If you would like more information about Stephenson County 4-H, please contact Brenda Heimann at firstname.lastname@example.org or to enroll in a club now, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on “online enrollment.” This will take you to a page with instructions and a link to enroll today.
- Country Cuzins, 7 PM, first Monday of month
- Davis Rockets, 6 PM, 2nd Monday of month
- Florence Crickets, 6:15 PM, first Monday of month
- Freeport Fantastics, 6 PM, first Monday of month
- German Valley Golden Eagles, 7 PM, second Monday of month
- Harlem Helpers, 7 PM, first Monday of month
- Lena Lucky Clovers, 6:30 PM, first Tuesday of month
- Pearl City Hornets, 7 PM, first Monday of month
- Pearl Valley Rangers, 6 PM, second Sunday of month
- Snappy Snazzers, 6:30 PM, first Monday of month
YQCA Youth for the Quality Care of Animals training must be completed every year for youth showing beef, dairy, goats, sheep, or swine
QAEC Quality Assurance Ethics Course must be completed once for youth showing dog, cat, horse, rabbit, cavy, or poultry
Livestock and Animal Forms
Stephenson County 4-H Ambassadors
Stephenson County 4-H Ambassadors will promote the 4-H program on a local and county level, while taking advantage of opportunities to expand upon their leadership skills and become valued members of their community.