Understanding core health and wellness topics are an important aspect of your family's overall well-being. From food safety to nutrition to chronic disease prevention and management, Illinois Extension is committed to helping families across the state and beyond live the best versions of their lives. Have questions not addressed in the topics listed below or looking for an answer to a specific question? Contact our nutrition & wellness educator, Diane Reinhold, to learn more about how Illinois Extension is prepared to help.
Mental Health Resources
Food Preservation Resources
Feeding My Baby From Cradle to Table
Food Assistance in Jo Daviess, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties
Diabetes in Teens
Free Pressure Canner Testing
Dial pressure canner gauges need to be tested once a year. Over time, a dial gauge’s calibration can become inaccurate and show an incorrect pressure. If the pressure is even slightly lower than recommended, the internal temperature of the food will not be high enough to kill all the bacteria, and harmful toxins can build up and cause illness or death.
To get your pressure canner dial gauge tested, call our office at 815-235-4125 to set up and appointment.
What's The Buzz: Monthly Health Tip Sheets
- August 2021: Financial Wellness Check-up
- July 2021: Picnic Month
- June 2021: Ways To Increase Daily Dairy Intake
- May - What's The Buzz: Happy Egg Month: Get tips on egg storage! Also tips keeping bones strong plus a tasty recipe for cucumber strawberry salsa!
- March 2021 : Eat More Fiber
State Nutrition and Wellness Team Blog
Wellness Tips At Your Fingertips Text Program. Sign up below!
Once signed up, you will get a text message each week on a variety of topics geared towards healthy finances, healthy living/healthy aging, and healthy eating. If you are interested, click to sign up go.illinois.edu/wellnesstips
- Standard text message rates apply
- You can op out of messages at anytime
- You will get minimally one message each week and no more than 2/week
- Your number will not be shared with anyone, and we won't use it for any other purposes
- Questions? Contact Kristin Bogdonas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Around The Table
Stop by our table on Instagram @family.finances.food for practical, research-based information for your family from University of Illinois Family and Consumer Science Extension Educators.
Around the Table also has a Facebook page! Sit around our table with University of Illinois Extension educators as we share our best tips for raising kids, eating healthier, and spending smart.
If you will not be able to join us for current webinars, or have missed a past webinar, the recordings have been recorded and are available on these websites. Webinars will be available within a few weeks after presentation.
- The University of Illinois Extension’s Nutrition and Wellness Website
- The University of Illinois Extension’s Global/resources-responding-covid-19
- The University of Illinois Extension’s You Tube channel
Use up some of that leftover turkey with these yummy salad and sandwich ideas.