Highland Community College, Bldg R
2998 W Pearl City Rd
Freeport, IL 61032
Diane Reinhold works to improve the overall health of consumers living within the communities she serves. Using community needs assessments; Diane develops, implements and evaluates nutrition and wellness programming to address those needs in a cost‐effective manner.
Diane delivers programs reaching across the dimensions of wellness focusing on chronic disease prevention and management, and food safety.
Diane Reinhold received a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from North Dakota State University. She completed her Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics and Master of Public Health at Saint Louis University in addition to receiving her Certificate of University Teaching. While in Saint Louis, Diane worked with school food service staff, teachers, administrators and parents in addressing childhood obesity on a two-year childhood obesity prevention grant.
Reinhold is a registered dietitian, a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Illinois Dietetic Association, and previously served as a clinical dietitian where she specialized in medical nutrition therapy for the geriatric and critical care populations. Diane also supervised students in the dietetic intern program at Andrew’s University in southwest Michigan.
“My main interests lie in obesity and chronic disease prevention and management, healthful eating, food safety and worksite wellness,” says Reinhold. “Working for the University of Illinois Extension allows me to provide evidenced-based nutritional programming for consumers within their own communities. By going into our local communities I am able to help individuals gain the necessary skills and knowledge to improve and maintain their nutritional health across the spectrum of life.” Reinhold joins a team of nine University of Illinois Extension Nutrition and Wellness Educators located throughout Illinois.
CHRONIC DISEASE PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT
- I on Diabetes
- Meals for a Healthy Heart
- Living with COPD
- Alpha-1 Eating for Your Health
- Understanding Osteoporosis
- Digestive Health 101 - Covers dietary fiber, lactose intolerance, probiotics, and more.
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Recovery (Drug Rehab Center, Opiates, and Methamphetamines)
- Nutritional Needs for Cancer Patients
- Healthy Eating As You Age
- So You Have Diabetes – 2 part series
- Part 1 - Understanding Diabetes
- Part 2 - Managing Diabetes Basics
- Cooking with Diabetes - Healthy Choices for a Healthier YOU
- Getting Through the Holidays with Diabetes
- Understanding Prediabetes 101
- Living for a Healthy Heart
- Heart Healthy Living – 2 part series
- Part 1 – Eating to Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Part 2 – Eating to Lower Your Cholesterol
- Understanding Inflammation: How Diet and Lifestyle Influence the Inflammation Process
- Distiguing the Flavor of Taste: Understanding the Sense of Taste
- Understanding the Nutritional Needs of Aging Adults
- What’s In Your Grocery Basket? Getting the Nutrients Your Body Needs
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: Why a Healthy Lifestyle Saves You Money
- Certified Food Protection Manager Course
- Food Handlers Training
- Summer Food Safety - When You’re Away from Home
- Food Safety Training 101 – Training for home health aids
- Food Preservation Classes
- Preserving the Harvest – Understanding the Science of Food Preservation
- Yes You Can: Preserve It Safely - Water-Bath & Pressure Canning Basics
- Yes You Can: Freezing Your Summer Harvest
- Yes You Can: Preserving Practice, Hands on Jams & Jellies Class
IN THE KITCHEN & LOCAL FOODS
- Microwave Cooking 101
- Cooking From Your Cabinet
- Wellness Lifestyles - Living Today to Enjoy Tomorrow – 3 part series
- Part 1 - Navigating the Kitchen
- Part 2 – Nutrition Labels and Reading Recipes
- Part 3 – Grocery Shopping
- Blenders and More
- Cooking Oils 101: Your Guide to Cooking with Fats & Oils
- Cooking with Culinary Herbs
- Herb of the Month – Basil
- Cooking with Tomatoes from Your Garden
- Getting the Scoop on Squash: Winter Squash
- Dry Your Summer Herbs & Make Your Own Herb Mixture
- Saving the Memories of Summer Flavors, Infusing Summer Flavors
- Cool Summer Dishes for Hot Summer Days
- Safe Summer Grilling Fun!
- The Art of Fermentation: Lacto-fermentation
- The Science of Chocolate
- Busy Lives, Easy Meals: Slow Cookers & More
- Busy Lives, Easy Meals: Five Ingredient Fix, Freezer Meals & More
- Finding Balance: Health Lunches & Snacks
- Eggs: From Farm to Fork
EATING ON A LIMITED BUDGET
- Small Changes – Big Savings
- Adding Change to Your Food Budget, Adds Up to BIG Savings
- Healthy Eating on a Limited Budget
- Saving Money: Eating In vs. Eating Out
- Local Grocery Store Tours
MONEY SMART WEEK
- Want to learn more about Money Smart Week and how you can help to increase financial literacy within our communities? Please contact our offices.
These are just a few of the programs offered! Interested in learning more about Nutrition & Wellness programming?
Contact our offices - I'd love to speak with you!
I can be reached at University of Illinois Extension by calling (815) 235-4125.
More information about Extension programs and resources can be found on the web at go.illinois.edu/jsw