June 10, 1 to 3 p.m. AND June 15, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
In this fast-paced, hands-on, two-part workshop, youth will:
- Learn beginner-level techniques with gouache and watercolor paints
- Discuss design elements and color mixing
- Create a still-life painting unique to them
$20 per youth for the two-part workshop. Registration is required and opens 5/14/21. Space is limited. No need to be a 4-H member to participate.
University of Illinois Extension | Kendall County | 7775B IL Route 47 | Yorkville IL 60560
- Plan to bring items from home for your subject, such as some fruit, a small plant, or a vase with a flower. You can choose what you want to paint, but please use good judgement.
- Though the paints are water-based, please wear clothes that can get dirty because we will be learning techniques that require other supplies.
- Curriculum, in part, comes from the 4-H book "Portfolio Pathways: Painting, Printing and Graphic Design." The book is not required to participate.
- This is a two-part workshop and the first class is the prerequisite for the second class.