What we believe.
The Community & Economic Development team at Illinois Extension follows the Principles of Good Practice from the Community Development Society as we develop and deliver programs across Illinois to address current issues and community needs. As we strengthen communities, we:
- Promote active and representative participation
- Engage community members in learning about and understanding community issues
- Incorporate the diverse interests and cultures of the community in the community development process
- Work actively to enhance the leadership capacity within the community
- Are open to using the full range of action strategies to work toward the long-term sustainability and well-being of the community.