Drawing on brain health and aging research, University of Illinois Extension Educators, Molly Hofer and Chelsey Byers, developed Wits Workout, a 24 session curriculum guidebook designed for professionals or lay leaders to facilitate their own brain exercise classes. This interactive model serves a need in increasing socialization, reducing isolation, and promoting intellectual engagement in older clients, all of which complement current aging brain health research. Through its interactive dialog and experiential activities, Wits Workout can assist recreation therapists, lay leaders, and volunteers in helping their participants maintain or adopt long-term health promoting behaviors through ongoing brain exercise classes. This training is on Friday, December 11th from 10 a.m. - noon CST. Login information will be sent to you via email at a later date. Please register for training by December 2nd so our team can mail you the curriculum.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify examples of how older adults can practice/implement research identified brain health contributors
- Reteach learned intellectual challenges as a programmatic approach with older adults
- Provide purposeful opportunities for older adults to increase social connectedness and intellectual challenges
(virtual outreach approaches will be addressed with this curriculum)
- $110 - Curriculum (choice of USB or manual) and training
- $160 - Manual, USB, and training
- $20 - Training for additional staff (for participants who have already purchased the curriculum)
- $20 - CEUs
All prices include shipping & handling.
Please register for training by December 2nd so our team can mail you the curriculum ahead of the training.
The Wits Workout curriculum package sells separately for the following when not included with a training.
- Wits Workout Printed Manual - $75.00 + $10.00 S&H = $85.00
- Wits Workouk on USB Drive - $75.00 + $5.00 S&H = $80.00
- Wits Workout Discounted Combo Pack including both Manual and USB - $115.00 + $10.00 S&H = $125.00
If you cannot attend the training, but would like to purchase the materials you can here!
If you have any questions please email Family Life Educator Chelsey Byers, email@example.com