How Can We Help?
Become a Master Gardener!
Illinois Extension has a vast collection of resources addressing horticultural interests across Illinois. We recognize that home and commercial horticulturalists each have unique needs, so we've cultivated a set of resources designed to address their top concerns. These collections represent the topic areas where we usually get the most questions, but our expertise covers everything from trees to tomatoes to tulips.
Find gardening information in your favorite format
Blogs and Factsheets
- Garden Topic Fact Sheets from Extension
- Chicago Urban Gardening: The day to day experiences of an Illinois Extension Urban Horticulture Educator in Chicago.
- Flowers, Fruits, and Frass: Local and statewide information on a variety of current topics for home gardeners and market growers.
- The Garden Scoop: Featuring seasonal tips and tricks from the horticulture team at Illinois Extension.
- Good Growing: Keeping you growing with good ideas.
- Know How, Know More: Connecting you with your food, farmers and community.
- Northwest Illinois Hort Corner: In the far Northwest Corner of Illinois, gardening is a very popular pastime! Get your info here!
- Over the Garden Fence: Where gardeners come to find out what's happening out in the yard.
- Prairie to Perennials: An almanac of all things that grow in Lincoln's backyard.
- Raise, Grow, Harvest, Eat, Repeat: A blog for growers, consumers, and backyard gardeners to grow, eat, and connect in the local food system.
- Gardener's Corner Seasonal Newsletter: A seasonal newsletter from Educators around the state.
- Social Media
Connect with us each month
Our team curates announcements, events, and timely articles for you to enjoy in a compact and colorful e-newsletter. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive this monthly email.