Little Roots SPIN Club
Join us for a fun summer project to get your kids excited about gardening! The Little Roots Gardening SPIN (special interest) Club will guide youth through growing six different plants, seed to harvest. Designed for budding 4-H members ages 5 to 7 (as of 9/1/2022), participants will be:
- Observing the world around them
- Researching basic horticulture terms
- Learning the parts of plants, seed sorting, and more
- Planting and caring for their plants
Meeting dates: Saturdays: April 1, April 22, May 13, June 17, July 8, and Aug. 5 from 9-10:30 a.m.
Location: Kane County Extension office in St. Charles
Cost: $35 per participant, includes 4-H Enrollment*
- *If already enrolled and paid through another 4-H/Cloverbud club this 4-H year (2022-2023), your cost for this program will be $15. The $20 enrollment cost is required only once per 4-H year per youth. If a youth joins multiple clubs within the same 4-H year, it only needs to be paid once.
- Parent/guardian attendance strongly encouraged.
- Please dress weather and activity appropriate for each session. More details will be sent following registration.
Registration is required through the 4-H ZSuite enrollment program. Space is limited.
- Create or log into your family account, and when you "add a club," choose "Kane" for county and "Little Roots SPIN Club" as the club.
- Already a 4-H member and enrolled in ZSuite? Log into your account and add a new club. Choose "Kane" for county and "Farmette in Action SPIN."
- Not enrolled in ZSuite yet? Learn how to start your account here.
Questions: Contact 4-H Program Coordinator Andrea Farrier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630.584.6166.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to participate, contact the event coordinator. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for meeting your access needs.