4G STEM Camp
4G STEM Camp introduces girls entering sixth, seventh, and eighth grade to careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). The camp includes hands-on activities, lab experiments, and field trips to area businesses offering STEM-related careers.
2023 4G STEM Camp Highlights:
- Dates: June 26-30 , 2023, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Registration fee $175
- Register online beginning March 1.
4G STEM Camp is a favorite summer activity for girls entering 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. This week-long, day camp connects young STEM enthusiasts with women working in STEM careers. Participants will experience hands-on activities that give them a sense of what it would be like to be in these STEM career fields and learn more about themselves. Camp experiences ignite a spark of possibility within the girls and help open their minds to creative and fulfilling careers in central Illinois. The camp is designed around site visits to Peoria area businesses where successful women working in STEM careers will provide an orientation to their work, as well as the skills, technologies, and strategies used to excel in their jobs.
2022 4G STEM Camp Site Visits
- Farnsworth Group
- Bradley University Center for STEM Education including guest presenters from Illinois State University Center for Mathematics, Science & Technology.
- Youth understand STEM career opportunities that exist in central Illinois.
- Youth develop an interest in STEM and STEM learning activities.
- Youth develop knowledge and skills needed to actively engage in STEM learning activities.
- Youth understand how they can use STEM to solve everyday problems.
Partners include University of Illinois Extension Fulton-Mason-Peoria-Tazewell Unit and Bradley University Center for STEM Education. This is one of the many positive youth development opportunities offered within the 4-H program.Feel free to share 4G STEM Camp with others.
Anyone interested in future STEM related events can sign up to receive email notifications: go.illinois.edu/FMPTeblast
4G STEM Camp Teachers Track
- Teacher Track Application, deadline May 1: go.illinois.edu/4GSTEMteachers
- Orientation call: early June
- 4G STEM Camp: June 26-30, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Post-event call: mid-August
- Implementation of a project – fall 2023
- Project update at Teacher Tuesday- spring 2024
Additional STEM Learning
4-H staff provide a variety of creative programs that provide STEM career education to youth and teachers during the summer months. You can watch any of our Facebook pages or you can join the E-blast Mailing List and select the 4-H Youth Development subject matter area, to receive updates when those learning opportunities are available.