In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Check out these local 4-H clubs
Jubilee Patriots | Meets: 3rd Sunday each month @ 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Dunlap Dynamite | Meets: 2nd Monday each month @ 6:00 pm
- Leader: Karen Carter | 243-1152 | Email
Elmwood All-Stars | Meets: 3rd Sunday each month @ 6:00-7:30 pm
- Leader: Missy Stevens | 565-4969 | Email
Timber Tigers | Meets: Each month starting in January @ 6:00 p.m.
- Leader: Jessica Westerman 258-2626 | Email
Horse Hustlers | Meets: 2nd Sunday each month @ 2:00 pm
- Leader: Aleta Litwiller | 678-3054 | Email
“Neighbor Kids” Dairy Club | Meets: 4th Tuesday each month @ 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Midnight Riders | Meets: 1st Tuesday each month @ 6:30 pm
Laura Winners | Meets: 3rd Sunday each month @ 5:00 pm
- Leader: Carol Cowswer | 678-4495 | Email
- Leader: Karla Smith | 645-4282 | Email
- Leader: Suzanne Gill | 231-5049 | Email
Village of Norwood
Terrific Tornadoes | Meets: One Sunday per month, call for dates @ 2 p.m.
- Leader: Wendy Kooken | 370-1297 | Email
Peoria Clovers | Meets: 2nd Sunday each month @ 3:00 - 5:00 pm
P-Town Leaders | Meets: 1st Friday each month
- Leader: Anna Kamasaki | Email
Edelstein Eager Beavers | Meets: 3rd Monday each month @ 6:30 pm
Special Interest (SPIN) Clubs
Wildlife Prairie Park 4-H Learning Garden | Facebook Group
- Meets once a month January through May and then various days during planting, growing and harvesting seasons
- Leader: May Bach, Extension Master Gardener and Master Naturalist | Email
Shooting Sports | Spring and Fall sessions
- Air Rifle
Dog Obedience | Summer session leading up to 4-H Show
- Contact U of I Extension office, Peoria for complete details | 309-685-3140
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
New Project Guide Available
From Woe to Wow Professional Development for Youth Serving Organizations
Project Submission Deadline: July 13, 2022 by 11:59 p.m.
2022 Judging Dates:
- Tuesday, July 12
- Sewing Judging, 9 a.m.
- Saturday, July 18
- Horse Show, 9 a.m. (4-Hers check in 8 a.m.)
- Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- General Projects - see Show Book for complete details
- Cat Show, 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 4, 2022
- Poultry Show, 9 a.m.
- Rabbit Show, 9 a.m.
- Dog Show, 1 p.m.
- Tractor Driving Contest, 4 p.m.
- Barnyard Games 6 p.m. followed by Share the Fun Contest
- Friday, August 5, 2022
- Sheep Show, 8 a.m.
- Goat Show, follows Sheep Show
- Swine Show, 9 a.m.
- Beef Show, 10 a.m.
- Master Showmanship, follows Beef Show
- Dairy Show, 1:30 p.m.
- Fashion Review, 5:30 p.m.
- 4-H Livestock Auction, 7 p.m.
Awards - County
- Club of Year Application
- Doris Schoenbein Award Application and Scoresheet
- I Dare You Award
- James Daugherty Award Application and Scoresheet
- Jason Coulter Memorial Award Application
- Bob Forney Memorial Award Application
- Leadership Scholarship Application and Scoresheet
- Reporter Award Application
- S-W Kiwanis Leadership and Community Service Award Application
- Year Focus Award Application
- Tips for Preparing Your Year Focus
Awards - County Educational PowerPoints: Download the files from this online shared folder.
- Click through these PowerPoint slides to gain insights and helpful tips to completing your Peoria 4-H award applications.
- 4-H Club Recognition
- Illinois 4-H Experience Award for Individuals
- Illinois 4-H Veterinary Science Award
- Holstein-Friesian Association Award
- Illinois 4-H Electricity Achievement Award
- Illinois 4-H Leadership, Citizenship, Professionalism (LCP) Award
- Illinois 4-H Key Award
- Illinois 4-H State Award
Club Resources - County
Club Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Meetings tab
- Checklist for Club Officers
- Club Meeting Agenda Template
- Club Treasurer Book
- Club Secretary Book
- Tips for Good Meetings
- Club Fundraising Request Form (click on Fiscal tab)
- and more
Enrollment Resources - County
- 4-H Online Enrollment System
- Peoria 4-H Enrollment Form (hard copy enrollment option)
- Illinois 4-H Project Guide 20-21
Enrollment Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Enrollment tab
- Agreement to Assume Risk form (also in Spanish)
- Annual Code of Conduct Form (also in Spanish)
- Member Emergency Medical Form (also in Spanish)
- Member & Volunteer Photo, Audio, & Video Permission Form (also in Spanish)
- Livestock Records
- Crops Records
- Activities Planning Record
- Project Plans for various age groups
- and more
- Cloverbud Record form used in Peoria County
Project Resources: Livestock and Other Animal Projects
- Livestock Lease Form
- Cat Vaccination Form
- Quality Assurance & Ethics training - to be completed, online, one time for 4-H members exhibiting dogs, cats, rabbits, poultry and horse projects
- Youth for Quality Care for Animals training - to be completed, online or in-person, annually for 4-H members exhibiting beef, sheep, swine, goats and dairy projects.
***in-person trainings are available during the late spring and early summer months and include a $3 fee
***online training is available year-round and includes a $12 fee | http://yqca.org/
- Volunteer Application
- Shooting Sports Volunteer Application
- Required Trainings: Child Protection (ANCRA) and Overnight Chaperone
- Recommended Volunteer Trainings: Volunteer Orientation, Public Presentations, Parliamentary Procedures, Club Program Planning and many more