The Fulton County 4-H program is open to youth ages 8 to 18 as of September 1. The current 4-H year runs from September 1 through August 31. Young persons may join 4-H at any time of the year, but to show at the summer 4-H Shows, they must be enrolled at the Extension office in Fulton County by May 1 of each 4-H year.
In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Check out these local 4-H Clubs
Astoria Pirates | Meets: Saturdays, varies
- Leader: Sally Bair | 309-338-8513
Avondale | Meets: 3rd Sunday of each month @ 4 p.m.
- Leader: Dusty Stephens | 309-465-9313
- Leader: Robyn Hendel | 309-465-6771
Big Ten | Meets: 3rd Sunday of each month @ 2 p.m.
- Leaders: Shawn & Teresa Lane | 309-785-2361
Canton Dulotts | Meets: 2nd Saturday of each month @ 10 a.m.
- Leader: Carla Presnell | 309-645-6130
Canton Luckettes | Meets: 1st Sunday of each month @ 2 p.m.
- Leader: Heidi Putman | 309-635-2986
Fairview Farmers | Meets: 3rd Sunday of each month @ 3 p.m.
- Leader: Angie Formhals | 309-338-8213
Checkrow Volunteers | Meets: 3rd Monday of each month @ 7 p.m.
- Leader: Sharon Spangler | 309-926-7321
Fairview Farmers | Meets: 3rd Sunday of each month @ 6 p.m.
- Leader: Angie Formhals | 309-338-8213
Fairview Huskies | Meets: 2nd Sunday of each month @ 2 p.m.
- Leader: Crista Hartstirn | 309-778-2041
Farmington Lucky Clovers | Meets: 2nd Sunday of each month @ 5 p.m.
- Leaders: Scott and Melanie Patterson | 309-210-2911
Logan Leaders | Meets: 2nd Thursday of each month @ 6 p.m.
- Leader: Nicole Lettow | 309-696-9725
Pleasant Spacemakers | Meets: 2nd Sunday of each month @ 4:30 p.m.
- Leader: Cindy Chaffin | 309-333-6284
Busy Bees | Meets: 3rd Sunday of each month @ 6 p.m.
- Leader: Wendy Johnson | 309-668-0206
Jolly Workers | Meets: 2nd Sunday of each month @ 2 p.m.
- Leader: Brian and Cara Wickert | 309-224-6525
Country Kids | Meets: 1st Saturday of each month @ 2 p.m.
- Leader: Ellie Nolan | 309-338-6985
Smithfield Up and Coming | Meets: 3rd Sunday of each month @ 2 p.m.
- Leader: Cindy Ellis | 309-783-3911
Special Interest (SPIN) Clubs
Livestock Judging Club | meeting days and judging competition dates and times vary
- Leader: Robyn Hendel
Shooting Sports Clubs | Fall Session and Spring Session
- Air Rifle
- .22 Caliber Pistol
- Smallbore .22 Rifle
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
New Project Guide Available
Invite your friends to Join
4-H Games and Recreation Ideas and Directions
Project Submission Deadline: For Livestock entries, July 1, 2021 by 4:30 p.m.
2021 Judging Dates:
- Saturday, June 19
- Sewing and Textiles, 10 a.m.
- Performing Arts, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 10
- All Foods and General Projects - see Show Book for complete details
- Wednesday, July 14
- Cat Show, 6 p.m.
- Pet Show, 7 p.m
- Monday, July 26
- Dog Show, 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 27 - Thursday, July 29
- Livestock - see Show Book for complete details
- Saturday, August 7
- Horse Show, 9 a.m.
Awards - County
- Club Community Service Award Word Doc PDF
- Club Health and Safety Award Word Doc PDF
- Fulton County 4-H Award Application for ages 8 - 19 Word Doc PDF
- Hilda Rock Memorial Cooking Award
- I Dare You Award Word Doc PDF
- Outstanding First Year Member Award Word Doc PDF
- College Scholarships Sponsored by Fulton County 4-H
- 4-H Club Recognition
- Illinois 4-H Experience Award for Individuals
Club Resources - County
Club Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Meetings tab
- Checklist for Club Officers
- Club Meeting Agenda Template
- Club Treasurer Book
- Club Secretary Book
- Tips for Good Meetings
- Club Fundraising Request Form (click on Fiscal tab)
- and more
Enrollment Resources - County
- Fulton County 4-H Enrollment Packet 2020-2021
- Illinois 4-H Project Guide 2020-2021
- Program Fee Waiver Form
- Fulton County 4-H Shooting Sports Enrollment Packet Fall 2021
Enrollment Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Enrollment tab
- Agreement to Assume Risk form (also in Spanish)
- Annual Code of Conduct Form (also in Spanish)
- Member Emergency Medical Form (also in Spanish)
- Member & Volunteer Photo, Audio, & Video Permission Form (also in Spanish)
- Livestock Records
- Crops Records
- Activities Planning Record
- Project Plans for various age groups
- and more
Project Resources: Livestock Projects
- Quality Assurance & Ethics training - to be completed, online, one time for 4-H members exhibiting dogs, cats, rabbits, poultry and horse projects
- Youth for Quality Care for Animals training - to be completed, online or in-person, annually for 4-H members exhibiting beef, sheep, swine, goats and dairy projects
in-person trainings are available during the late spring and early summer months and include a $3 fee
online training is available year-round and includes a $12 fee | http://yqca.org/
- Required Trainings: Child Protection (ANCRA) and Overnight Chaperone
- Recommended Volunteer Trainings: Volunteer Orientation, Public Presentations, Parliamentary Procedures, Club Program Planning and many more
- Volunteer Application: For adults interested in applying to become a 4-H volunteer.
- Shooting Sports Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Re-enrollment Form: For adults who are active and approved 4-H volunteers.