In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Check out these local 4-H Clubs
Shamrocks | Meets: 2nd Monday of each month @ 6:30 p.m.
Green Valley Purple Ribbons & Toilers | Meets: days & times vary from month to month
- Leaders: George & Vivian Gerrietts | 309-696-7272 | Email
- Leader: Darlene Curry | 309-369-4250 | Email
Tazewell Country Club | Meets: alternates between 2nd Tuesday and 2nd Thursday of each month @ 6:30 p.m.
- Leader: Mary Springer | 217-433-4477 | Email
Mackinaw Ridge Runners | Times and Locations vary, Mackinaw
4-H Quest Club | Meets: one Friday per month @ 3:30 p.m.
Morton Helping Hands | Meets: 1st Monday of every month @ 7 p.m.
Tremont Cloverbuds | Meets: 1st Monday of each month @ 3:30 p.m.
- Leader: Meg Koch | 309-397-8951 | Email
Tremont Co-op Junior | Meets: 1st Monday of each month @ 7 p.m.
Tremont Co-op Intermediate | Meets: 2nd Monday of each month @ 7 p.m.
- Leader: Kelly Baer | 309-267-3547 | Email
Tremont Co-op Senior | Times and Location vary, Tremont
Special Interest (SPIN) Clubs
Horsin’ Around | Meets weekly late January through early April. Times and locations vary based on membership.
- Leader: Vera Betzelberger | 309-231-6375 | Email
Dog Obedience | Meets: Thursdays – fall, spring, and early summer sessions @ 6 p.m.
- Leader: Kelly Stuber | 309-645-5776 | Email
Shooting Sports | Contact the U of I Extension office, Tazewell for details | 309-347-6614 | Email
- Air Rife
Central Illinois Riding Therapy | Website
- Leader: Jenna Walker | 309-699-3710 | Email
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
New Project Guide Available
- 4-H Club Recognition
- Illinois 4-H Experience Award for Individuals
- Illinois 4-H Veterinary Science Award
- Holstein-Friesian Association Award
- Illinois 4-H Electricity Achievement Award
- Illinois 4-H Leadership, Citizenship, Professionalism (LCP) Award
- Illinois 4-H Key Award
- Illinois 4-H State Award
Club Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Meetings tab
- Checklist for Club Officers
- Club Meeting Agenda Template
- Club Treasurer Book
- Club Secretary Book
- Tips for Good Meetings
- Club Fundraising Request Form (click on Fiscal tab)
- and more
Enrollment Resources - County
Enrollment Resources - State: Visit the Illinois Extension, Youth Development page, scroll down to the Enrollment tab
- Agreement to Assume Risk form (also in Spanish)
- Annual Code of Conduct Form (also in Spanish)
- Memeber Emergency Medical Form (also in Spanish)
- Member & Volunteer Photo, Audio, & Video Permission Form (also in Spanish)
- Livestock Records
- Crops Records
- Activities Planning Record
- Project Plans for various age groups
- and more
Project Resources: Livestock Projects
- Quality Assurance & Ethics training - to be completed, online, one time for 4-H members exhibiting dogs, cats, rabbits, poultry and horse projects
- Youth for Quality Care for Animals training - to be completed, online or in-person, annually for 4-H members exhibiting beef, sheep, swine, goats and dairy projects
in-person trainings are available during the late spring and early summer months and include a $3 fee
online training is available year-round and includes a $12 fee | http://yqca.org/
- Required Trainings: Child Protection (ANCRA) and Overnight Chaperone
- Recommended Volunteer Trainings: Volunteer Orientation, Public Presentations, Parliamentary Procedures, Club Program Planning and many more
- Volunteer Application