Food Pantry Network – Heart of Illinois (HOI) is a partnership of local pantries, food banks, community volunteers, and organizations that work together to alleviate hunger and build a healthier community. This network of partners is led by University of Illinois Extension SNAP-Education in the Fulton-Mason-Peoria-Tazewell Unit and Tazewell County Health Department.
The mission of the Food Pantry Network is to support, connect, and provide resources to those working within the emergency food system.
- Procuring and aligning food resources within the emergency food system
- Connecting organizations working in emergency food to resources and information
- Addressing needs, gaps, and challenges in the emergency food system
Food Pantry Network – HOI was created to bring those working in emergency food together. We hope to connect pantries, volunteers, and community members with helpful resources for pantries. Our network works primarily with organizations in Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Mason, and Fulton counties and we strive to help support each other in feeding our communities, improving health, connecting pantries, and sharing resources. In choosing to volunteer for Food Pantry Network – HOI, you will be volunteering with one of our members and following their volunteer policies.Different needs will help with different food needs in our community and fill a much needed gap!
- Volunteer at a local food pantry and help with tasks such as distribution, packing, organizing
- Help deliver emergent food boxes to families which may include driving, pick-up of food, and delivery
- Volunteer at a mobile pantry which includes distribution, packing, unpacking, organizing
As we see a need in our community – we hope to find willing individuals to help!
Holiday Meal Guide
As food pantries throughout Central Illinois prepare to give away food boxes for Thanksgiving and Christmas, U of I Extension and Food Pantry Network work together to share those details.
Any local organization or pantry who would like to be added to the list, contact Rebecca Crumrine, SNAP-Ed program coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2021 Holiday Meals Guide (as of Nov. 15, 2021)
Food Pantry and Emergency Food System Mapping
- Find Food IL Map: go.illinois.edu/FindFoodIL
- Tri-County Region Map: go.illinois.edu/tri-countyfoodresources
- Heart of Illinois United Way: dial 2-1-1 or 309-999-4029
Food Pantry Network Highlight Videos
- FPN - HOI 2020 Year in Review: go.illinois.edu/FPN2020
- Utilizing Emergency Food Assistance: go.illinois.edu/emergencyfood
Connect with Food Pantry Network
If you are a pantry or food bank in our area, please feel free to join us online at:
Questions, interested in learning more, or joining our listserv?
- Contact Rebecca Crumrine, Extension SNAP-Ed program coordinator, email@example.com OR Call: 217-300-6720