Brain Development in Children
Understand how your child's brain works.
There are so many things to know as you raise your child. We've gathered the best resources available in the child development to help you feel confident in your parenting decisions.
- Baby’s Brain Begins Now: Conception to Age 3: The Urban Child Institute
- Better Brains for Babies: University of Georgia
- Better Kid Care:Three Core Concepts in Early Brain Development: Penn State
- Brain Architecture: Harvard University
- Brain Development: First Five Years
- Brain Development: Zero to Three
- Building Social and Emotional Skills at Home: NAEYC
- Caring Relationships: The Heart of Early Brain Development: NAEYC
- Children and Brain Development: What We Know About How Children Learn: University of Maine
- Discovering Shapes and Space in Preschool: NAEYC
- In Brief: The Science of Early Childhood Development: Harvard University
- The Case of Brain Science and Guided Play: A Developing Story: NAEYC
- Understanding the "upstairs" and "downstairs" brain: Michigan State University
- 12 Ways to Support Language Development for Infants and Toddlers: NAEYC
Learn more about the importance of early brain development. These fact sheets, developed by The University of Georgia Extension, are available in PDF format.