Commercial Agriculture spans a wide range of topics and works to address the needs of various producers. The expertise of our local educational specialists combined with the resources of the statewide Illinois Extension system form a powerful source of information and insight for agricultural producers in our region.
Annual Applied Research Report
The 2021 Field Crop Insect and Disease Applied Research Report provides farmers with updated control efficacy and pest distribution information for major pests of corn and soybean. Use these evaluations to guide control decisions, track performance over time, and see trends in pest populations. Included in the 2021 guide:
- Surveys of key insect pests, including corn rootworm Japanese beetle, and dectes stem borer.
- Western and northern corn rootworm Bt resistance monitoring and field trait performance results
- Evaluations of fungicides and insecticides (both foliar and seed treatments) in corn and soybean
- Establishment of a long-term trial to explore entomopathogenic nematodes for rootworm control
- Summaries of weather and a production overview for the 2021 growing season
- Evaluations of foliar fungicides for control of frogeye leaf spot, white mold, purple seed stain, southern rust and more in corn and soybean
- Surveys of major pests and diseases, including red crown rot, plant-parasitic nematodes in corn, soybean gall midge, and the annual statewide insect survey
- Evaluations of insecticides and Bt traits for control of corn rootworms, as well as Bt-resistance bioassays of western corn rootworm
- Seed treatment evaluations for control of Rhizoctonia root rot and nematodes
- Surveys of soybean cyst nematode Hg types and the annual statewide insect survey
- Effects of foliar fungicides on yield in soybean and for control of tar spot, southern rust, grey leaf spot, and other foliar diseases in corn
- Evaluation of seed treatments for soybean cyst nematode suppression
- Control of soybean insect pests with foliar insecticides, and evaluations of Bt traits and soil insecticides for corn rootworm control
- Annual statewide insect pest survey, and a survey of plant-parasitic nematodes in corn
- Evaluations of corn, wheat, and soybean foliar fungicides
- Responses of different corn hybrids to tar spot
- Control of Japanese beetles using foliar insecticides in soybean
Managing Farm Stress
- Farm Stress Resource Packet
- Farm Stress & Decision Making During Challenging Times
- Keys when "Married" to Farm Stress
- Men and Farm Stress
- Farm Youth Stress and Challenges
- Illinois Agri-Ability Mental Health Webpage
Midwestern Hemp Production
Variety Testing Program
Private Applicator Training
The latest USDA information on soybean rust.
Certified Livestock Manager Training
This site gives information on Certified Livestock Manager Training workshops, on line trainings and training resources.
Crop Sciences Research and Education Center
The Crop Science Research and Education Center maintains 1,000 acres of research fields south of campus, it also includes the Morrow Plots established in 1876 and is the oldest continuous agricultural research field in the United States.
Making sense of Illinois Agricultural and Horticultural regulations.
Orr Agricultural R&D Center
The Orr Research & Demonstration Center includes 478 acres of cropland, pasture and woodland located in western Illinois. ORDC is home to both Crop and Animal Science research.
This site has useful information for Commercial Applicators and Operators as well as Private Applicators. Find schedules of training and testings, manuals, and more.
- Grain Handling Safety Coalition
Information contained on this page was developed by the Grain Handling Safety Coalition in an effort to raise awareness about working safely around grain handling equipment. Stand-Up for Grain Safety week which takes place from March 25th-29th is part of that effort.
- Hessian Flies and Fly-Free Dates
- Herbicide Mode of Action Key for Injury Symptoms
- Illinois Agronomy Handbook
The complete Illinois Agronomy Handbook is available on-line.
- National Forage Testing Association-Certified Forage Testing Labs
- Management of Palmer Amaranth in Illinois
- University of Wisconsin Soil and Forage Lab
- Web Soil Survey
- 2016 Weed Control Guide
- Weed Science Resources
- University of Wisconsin Madison Hay Market Reports