Commercial Agriculture spans a wide range of topics and works to address the needs of various producers. The expertise of our local educational specialists combined with the resources of the statewide Illinois Extension system form a powerful source of information and insight for agricultural producers in our region.
Looking for an answer to a specific question? Contact our commercial ag educator, Phillip Alberti, to learn more about how Illinois Extension is prepared to help.
2020 Applied Research Results Field Crop Disease and Insect Management
This publication contains evaluations of insect and disease control tactics for corn, soybeans and wheat as well as statewide surveys of corn and soybean pests. Click here to download a copy of the 2020 Applied Research Results and Field Crop Disease and Insect Management publication.
Managing Farm Stress
- Farm Stress Resource Packet
- Stress and Mental Health Resources
- Farm Stress & Decision Making During Challenging Times
- Keys when "Married" to Farm Stress
- Men and Farm Stress
- Farm Youth Stress and Challenges
- Illinois Agri-Ability Mental Health Webpage
Variety Testing Program
Animal Mortality Composting
The latest USDA information on soybean rust.
Certified Livestock Manager Training
This site gives information on Certified Livestock Manager Training workshops, on line trainings and training resources.
Crop Sciences Research and Education Center
The Crop Science Research and Education Center maintains 1,000 acres of research fields south of campus, it also includes the Morrow Plots established in 1876 and is the oldest continuous agricultural research field in the United States.
Making sense of Illinois Agricultural and Horticultural regulations.
Orr Agricultural R&D Center
The Orr Research & Demonstration Center includes 478 acres of cropland, pasture and woodland located in western Illinois. ORDC is home to both Crop and Animal Science research.
This site has useful information for Commercial Applicators and Operators as well as Private Applicators. Find schedules of training and testings, manuals, and more.
- Grain Handling Safety Coalition
Information contained on this page was developed by the Grain Handling Safety Coalition in an effort to raise awareness about working safely around grain handling equipment. Stand-Up for Grain Safety week which takes place from March 25th-29th is part of that effort.
- Hessian Flies and Fly-Free Dates
- Herbicide Mode of Action Key for Injury Symptoms
- Illinois Agronomy Handbook
The complete Illinois Agronomy Handbook is available on-line.
- National Forage Testing Association-Certified Forage Testing Labs
- Management of Palmer Amaranth in Illinois
- University of Wisconsin Soil and Forage Lab
- Web Soil Survey
- 2016 Weed Control Guide
- Weed Science Resources
- University of Wisconsin Madison Hay Market Reports
Machinery Cost Estimates
- Machinery Cost Estimates: Field Operations
- Machinery Cost Estimates: Tractors
- Machinery Cost Estimates: Harvest Operations
- Machinery Cost Estimates: Forage Operations
- Machinery Cost Estimates: Summary