4G STEM Camp is a favorite summer activity for girls entering 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. This week-long, day camp connects young STEM enthusiasts with women working in STEM careers. Participants will experience hands-on activities that give them a sense of what it would be like to be in these STEM career fields and learn more about themselves. Camp experiences ignite a spark of possibility within the girls and help open their minds to creative and fulfilling careers in central Illinois. The camp is designed around site visits to Peoria area businesses where successful women working in STEM careers will provide an orientation to their work, as well as the skills, technologies, and strategies used to excel in their jobs.
2022 4G STEM Camp Site Visits
- Farnsworth Group
- Bradley University Center for STEM Education including guest presenters from Illinois State University Center for Mathematics, Science & Technology.
Registration fee $175.
Register online at go.illinois.edu/4GSTEMcamp
Space is limited. Registrations are considered complete when payment and additional paperwork is received at U of I Extension office.
If you need financial assistance to attend 4G STEM Camp, please complete the fee waiver.
Overarching goals for 4G STEM Camp
- Youth understand STEM career opportunities that exist in central Illinois.
- Youth develop an interest in STEM and STEM learning activities.
- Youth develop knowledge and skills needed to actively engage in STEM learning activities.
- Youth understand how they can use STEM to solve everyday problems.
Partners include University of Illinois Extension Fulton-Mason-Peoria-Tazewell Unit and Bradley University Center for STEM Education. This is one of the many positive youth development opportunities offered within the 4-H program.
For more information, contact:
University of Illinois Extension, Fulton-Mason-Peoria-Tazewell Unit
Peoria County Branch Office, 4810 N. Sheridan Rd, Peoria, IL 61614
Feel free to share 4G STEM Camp with others.