Young people are invited to explore a variety of healthcare and medical careers. Participating youth will have the opportunity to practice hands-on skills – like injections, blood pressure monitoring, and EKGs – using state-of-the-art medical simulation equipment. Plus, professionals in the field will provide insight on their current roles and potential career pathways.
Healthcare Career Exploration Summer Academy will be a day-long experience, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., offered at each of Spoon River College’s four campuses. Each session will be identical, giving young people the choice of the following dates:
- Mon, June 12 – Havana (324 E Randolph, Havana, IL 62644)
- Tues, June 13 – Rushville (706 Maple Ave, Rushville, IL 62681
- Wed, June 14 – Macomb (208 S Johnson St, Macomb, IL 61455)
- Thurs, June 15 – Canton (23235 N County Highway 22, Canton, IL 61520)
This program is open to any youth going into 7th through 10th grades. Registration is required by June 5 at go.illinois.edu/HCSA. Thanks in part to funding from the Illinois Pipeline for the Advancement of the Healthcare (PATH) Workforce Program, cost for individuals will be $10, and will include lunch.
Additional Required Forms
- Spoon River College Emergency Medical Information
- U of I Extension and Memorial Hospital Photo Release