What's it like in 4-H?
In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you most. You make 4-H what you want it to be. Work on many projects or focus on one or two. Choose what events sound fun to you, and do them. In 4-H, you have an important role in making your community a better place to live, but you don’t have to do it alone. As a club, you’ll figure out what’s needed most in your neighborhood and find ways to help.
In 4-H, you’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills and help your community. In 4-H, you’ll meet adults who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H matches you with mentors who will coach you in areas like problem solving, communicating, and teamwork. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want.
Check out these 4-H Clubs in DeKalb County.
Local Events, Workshops, and Deadlines
Join 4-H Today
Community Service Survey
Register for the 4-H General Project Show and Livestock Fair Here
- 4-H General Project Show Results
- General Projects Award Show - includes pictures of the award wining projects from the 2020 4-H General Project Show
- Virtual General Project Show - uploads due July 7
- Virtual Show upload requirements and tip sheet
- Project Report
- Directions on how to submit photos - This is VERY similar to how you would make your entry in past years in FairEntry, except at the end you upload your project instead of bringing it to the show. You need to have your project completed BEFORE beginning the submission process.
- Exhibit Tag - Print and place tag in bottom of photos taken. Can be handwritten on a note card or on a whiteboard if you don't have a printer.
- Virtual Livestock Fair - uploads due August 2
- Livestock Video Guidelines
- Updated List of Livestock Classes
- Directions on how to submit your entries - This is VERY similar to how you would make your entry in past years in FairEntry. After you have completed FairEntry then you will upload your video. See directions below.
- How to upload your video (you will need this for all live animal projects): computer, android, iOS
- Click here to upload your video - In the file description please include your name, project & class number to assist us in keeping track of videos
- Exhibit Tag - Print and include a close-up of tag in the beginning of your video. Can be handwritten on a piece of paper or on a whiteboard if you don't have a printer.
- 2020 DeKalb County Entire Fairbook
- 2019 4-H Blue Ribbon Auction Buyers & Contributors
- 2019 DeKalb County 4-H Award Sponsors
- Brown Award for Leadership Application
- Alumni Award
- I Dare You Award Application
- Outstanding 4-H Supporter Application
- Outstanding 4-H Volunteer Application