Zoom into... Plants & Soils
(five-part online youth learning series)
Develop your botanical science skills with this FREE five-part online learning series, which is designed for youth ages 8-18 interested in crops, plant and soil science, horticulture and floriculture projects. In this series, you will review 4-H project categories, receive tips for creating projects, get ideas for making displays, and have fun learning about plants.
WHO: Youth ages 8 to 18 (no need to be a 4-H member to participate)
WHEN: June 30, and July 2, 7, 9, and 14 -- 1 to 2 p.m. (register and join in any weeks)
- June 30: Plants, Soils & Crops
- July 2: Floriculture/Floral Design pt 1
- July 7: Floriculture/Floral Design pt 2
- July 9: Horticulture/Vegetable Gardening pt 1
- July 14: Horticulture/Vegetable Gardening pt 2
WHERE: Online via web conferencing tool Zoom (register and join in any weeks)
- Learn the science of crop and vegetable production, plant and soil science, and floriculture.
- Discuss fair entry categories, tips for creating projects for fair, and talk about the judging process.
- Give and receive feedback on project progress and ideas. Participants can share photographs of projects if they like.
- Led by an experienced 4-H volunteer and FFA educator. Sessions hosted and moderated by 4-H staff.
COST: FREE! Pre-registration required. Registration opens June 15.
- No specific materials are required for this series.
- Meet via the Zoom platform (password protected link to come in future communications)
- Series includes five parts; participants attend as many sessions as they like
- Estimated time of 60 minutes for each session
For questions or if you need reasonable accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Jo Ann Britton at email@example.com. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time for meeting your access needs.