Join Food Pantry Network -Heart of Illinois (HOI) in giving back this holiday season through the 12 Days of Giving!
The Holidays are a season of giving, a time when many are thinking of how they can give back. The season can also be one of great need for pantry guests as they try to provide for their family. Food Pantry Network - Heart of Illinois (HOI) developed the 12 Days of Giving campaign to help bridge that gap by highlighting needed nutritious foods, hygiene items and warming items for our pantry guests.
Over the course of 12 days, add the items to your donation container and deliver it to your local food pantry. Visit the Find Food IL Community Food Map at go.illinois.edu/FindFoodIL to find details about food pantries near you.
12 Days of Giving Campaign
- Day 1:Whole grain, low sugar cereal or oatmeal
- Day 2:Low sodium soups
- Day 3:Hygiene items –deodorant, soap, shampoo, feminine hygiene
- Day 4:Low sodium canned veggies
- Day 5:Canned fruits in 100% juice
- Day 6:Canned chicken or tuna, in water
- Day 7:Boxed potatoes or stuffing
- Day 8:Spices –cinnamon, pepper, powders (garlic, onion, chili)
- Day 9: Warm weather attire –new hats, new gloves, handwarmers
- Day 10:Household supplies –laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels
- Day 11:Kid friendly snacks –unsweetened applesauce, dried fruit, trail mix
- Day 12:Low-fat shelf-stable dairy •Day 13:Drop off your completed box to a local pantry near you!
Social media graphics you can download and share in your own way.
University of Illinois Extension Fulton Mason Peoria Tazewell Unit Facebook page where you can share the daily Facebook posts starting December 1.
Food Drive Toolkit
Are you interested in hosting your own 12 Days of Giving drive?
Food Pantry Network – HOI developed a toolkit complete with a draft press release, fillable flyer, social media graphics, and instructions on how you could host a drive.
Register for your own free toolkit today – go.illinois.edu/12daysofgivingtoolkit