What's it like in 4-H?
You make 4-H what you want it to be. In 4-H, you get to decide what topics and projects interest you. You’re part of a family working together. At club meetings, you’ll learn how to get along with others as you build your skills with the help of adult 4-H volunteers who care about you and want to help you succeed. 4-H introduces you to potential careers and then gives you the training to get the career you want. Join our 4-H family today!
- Interested in joining 4-H? Just fill out this online 4-H interest form and we'll help you a club that works for you!
- Check out this flyer to see a list of Rock Island County 4-H clubs you can join.
- Here are our current Shooting Sports opportunities in Archery, Shotgun and Air Rifle
- Interested in volunteering for 4-H? Fill out this Volunteer interest form and we'll get back to you.
Illinois Extension and 4-H have a fun educational kit to help youth stay entertained this winter!The December kit has inspiration for staying active with such things as a winter scavenger hunt, as well as ways to warm up inside with recipes for holiday treats, and other fun family activities.
Kits are $5 each and include: December "I Made That!" booklet | 12 Days of Wellness Activities | Holiday Recipes | Select ingredients for your recipes | Winter Scavenger hunt and more!
Register here by November 28 for the December Kit
Kits can be picked up starting Dec 5 at our offices in Milan, Viola, and Galva, IL.
Congratulations to the many deserving award winners in our 2021-22 4-H year
Read the full booklet at 2021-22 Rock Island County 4-H Salute to Excellence Awards
Award winners include:
- Club of the Year: Hayburners 4-H Club and Buccaneers 4-H Club
- Top Records Award: 4-H in the City
- Community Club Membership Award: Buccaneers 4-H Club
- Outstanding Report Award: Bailey Callahan-Magical Muggles 4-H Club
- Outstanding Secretary Award: Ava Craver-Rockridge Royals 4-H Club
- Outstanding Treasurer Award: Iryss Balvanz-Hayburners 4-H Club
- 2022 Rock Island County 4-H Hall of Fame Inductee: Julie Derrer
- Lifetime Volunteer Award: Lori Tharp
- Volunteer of the Year: Danielle Gorbach
- Alumni Volunteer Award: Trent Zwicker
Plus many more volunteers and members are recognized in the booklet.
Registration is open for the 2022-23 4-H year!
This year, Illinois 4-H is switching our enrollment and registration system to ZSuite. This new system offers a more user-friendly experience. It also has features that will help you stay connected to the 4-H program, and find new exciting experiences and opportunities for your 4-H members.
All 4-H families and volunteers will need to create a new household account in this system and add profiles for their participating family members (youth and adult volunteers).
Below are links to the 4-H Insight monthly newsletter - keeping our members, leaders and families up to date on the news, events, activities, deadlines and opportunities happening each month!
4-H awards season is here! Illinois 4-H offers a wide range of recognition opportunities for every type of 4-H involvement. Download the 4-H Recognition Program 2022 Deadlines & Information to apply!
Join, Volunteer, Partner
Volunteer with 4-H!
State Resources for Illinois 4-H Members and Clubs
4-H makes learning fun!