Be part of the action working in your community to to help youth build their citizenship, leadership and life skills! In this position, you will plan, develop, coordinate, manage and supervise University of Illinois Extension 4-H Youth Development Programs in Henry and Stark Counties. This position will work out of our Extension office in Galva, Ill.
Applications due March 9 by 6:00 pm (CST) through the online University of Illinois job board at 4-H Program Coordinator Galva
Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Coordination and Development
- Coordinate the planning of educational activities for the program with collaboration from the 4-H Youth Development Educator or Specialist
- Identifies critical priority needs and issues, with the assistance of other staff, to be addressed through Extension 4-H youth programs, including under-served youth audiences.
- Conduct evaluation of program activities and make appropriate changes or recommendation for continuation or discontinuation of the program.
- Provide leadership, as primary contact, to volunteers, 4-H members and their families in support of local 4-H Clubs and their activities.
- Provide leadership for the local Expansion and Review Committee.
- Works with Unit staff, Extension volunteers, and Extension clientele to create and/or maintain administrative records including 4-HOnline and 4-H Fair Entry.
- Disseminate education information provided by Extension professionals.
- Maintain required records and data.
- Provides monthly reports to the County Extension Director
Volunteer Recruitment, Training & Development
- Recruit, screen and select adult 4-H volunteers
- Orient volunteers to the philosophy of the 4-H programs, risk management, policies, procedures, and materials.
- Coordinate volunteer trainings related to program offerings and continuing educational opportunities.
- Maintain contact with volunteers on a regular basis through meetings and correspondence, including email and phone.
- Formulate and implement standard operating procedures for all program activities, to ensure the safety and welfare of all volunteers and participants.
Marketing & Networking
- Develop and implement a marketing plan and objectives to recruit adult volunteers and youth participants for 4-H opportunities.
- Utilize a variety of promotion methods including, personal contacts, social media and printed materials.
- Network and collaborate with other community organizations to assess needs and develop programs to meet those needs.
- Participates in professional development opportunities.
- Attends staff meetings as scheduled, and provides updates to Extension staff and Extension Council on accomplishments and activities.
- Complies with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of University of Illinois Extension work.
- Comply with all University of Illinois Extension and USDA policies and procedures in programs and employment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school graduation or GED
Any one or any combination that equals four (4) years/ 48 months of responsible volunteer or professional work experience in coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
Volunteer/work experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities
College coursework in any field of study
60 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
90 semester hours equals three (3) years (36 months)
120 semester hours or more equals four (4) years (48 months)
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 0929 - Extension Program Coordinator position, appointed on a 12-month basis. Salary is $19.48/hour.
For further information about this specific position, please contact Jenny Garner at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO
University of Illinois Extension is a statewide network of professionals dedicated to creating local community impact and statewide transformation. We do this by translating research and knowledge into practical programs for Illinois residents. Our programs target youth and adults, individuals and families, as well as business owners and community leaders.
Our staffing needs are diverse, but we often have openings for those with an interest in education, agriculture, environmental stewardship, foods and nutrition, and community development. And we are always on the lookout for those individuals gifted in office administration, program planning, IT, and communications!
The U of I is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled http://go.illinois.edu/EEO that participates in the federal e-Verify program and participates in a background check program focused on prior criminal or sexual misconduct history.