Illinois Extension strives to provide relevant, science-based information that serves residents and businesses in our area and across the state. From blogs featuring the best seasonal tips and techniques to news stories highlighting upcoming learning opportunities, we offer you impactful insights backed by the research and public engagement resources of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois.
Read our November Extension Connections Newsletter
Interested in talking with one of our content or program experts? Visit our staff directory for a list of available local resources.
Tune in to hear the best practices for keeping water clean and local watersheds healthy, as outlined in the Illinois Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy. In the latest episode: “Are These Tools in Your Toolbox? Soil Sampling and VRT.” guests discuss the use of soil sampling and variable rate technology on farms and how these tools can help improve farmers’ bottom lines, as well as soil and water health. Guest include: Dennis Bowman, University of Illinois Extension Interim Assistant Dean for Agriculture and Natural Resources and Commercial Agriculture Educator; Amir Sadeghpour, Southern Illinois University Assistant Professor of Soil Management and Integrative Cropping Systems; Brian Corkill, farmer from Henry County; and Andy Wycislo, Waypoint Analytical, LLC, Midwest and Western Agronomist.
You can access the latest episode Are These Tools in Your Toolbox? Soil Sampling and VRT here
All past recordings of the Nutrient Loss Reduction Podcast can be accessed here
- WASCOB: Dry Dams for the 21st Century
- Your Dollars at Work for You - IL NREC
- Meet the New Illinois NRCS State Soil Health Specialist
- Managing Water at the Edge of the Field with Saturated BuffersEpisode 27 | A Watershed Approach to Adopting Conservation
- Maximizing Corn Yield Profits & Minimizing N Losses
- Uncovering the Benefits of Cover Crops
- Watershed Based Planning
- The Biennial Report - tracking progress in the state
- Navigating the New Waters of Sustainably Sourced Grain Markets
- ICC's System Approach to Improving Water Quality
- Wetlands - live from the Farm Progress Show
- An NLRS Update Live to Tape from the Farm Progress Show
- New Depths of Water Quality: Managing Cover Crops and Livestock
- Weather Extremes: Building a More Resilient System with Conservation
- Getting the Dirt on Healthy Soil
- Pests and Pathogens, Oh My!
- Improving Your Bottom Line and Water Quality with MRTN
- E Managing Cover Crops as Part of Your Cropping System: Advice from Experts
- ECultivating Change in Conservation - Illinois Farm Bureau's Perspective
- Economics of Conservation
- Handling Livestock Waste: Part 4 Certified Livestock Manager Training
- EHandling Livestock Waste: Part 3 Best Management Practices
- Handling Livestock Waste: Part 2 Pastures and Lots
- Handling Livestock Waste: Part 1 Confinement