Joli Pierson, Mason 4-H Program Coordinator
“I am a facilitator for the Illinois 4-H program in Mason County. I invite youth to be a part of a program that offers the elements of Belonging, Independence, Generosity, and Mastery. I strive to develop our local 4-H volunteer leadership structure, where youth can benefit from the knowledge, experience, skills, and good examples of citizenship that volunteers have to offer.
Joli has been a 4-H program coordinator in Mason County since 2012. She has worked for Illinois Extension since 2000.
EXTENSION JOB HISTORY
- Extension extra help staff, Family Nutrition Program Mason County
- Extension work program participant, Family Nutrition Program Mason County
- Extension community worker, SNAP-Ed, Mason County
- Extension program coordinator, 4-H & Youth Development, Mason County
EXAMPLES OF JOLI’S EXTENSION EFFORTS
- Provide support to county 4-H members and volunteers
- Coordinate county 4-H Show, 4-H Special Interest Clubs, and Mason County 4-H Federation club
- Partner with 4-H unit team for planning and implementation of events such as Farm Safety Day Camp, 4-H Clover Clinic, and unit-wide service learning projects.
- Collaborate with local and state entities to provide special events such as National Weather Service Storm Spotter Training & Weather Considerations for Outdoor Events training, IEPA Household Hazardous Waste Collection event, Safe Trick or Treat Night event, and Mason County Discovery Day.
FAVORITE MEMORY IN EXTENSION
My favorite memories have happened at times when I have been working on projects with 4-H youth and adult volunteers together. It is always special to see everyone come together, persevere through the circumstances and hard work, all while smiling and having fun.