Kellie Roecker, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program—Education Instructor
“I visit classrooms, housing communities, early childhood centers, lunchrooms, and food pantries to provide nutrition education that teaches youth and adults the importance of keeping our bodies healthy from the inside out. My work has a positive effect on the entire family. Kids are excited to share what they have learned with their families and ask for healthy foods.”
Since 2016, Kellie has been a part of the U of I Extension team. Her work is focused in Tazewell County.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Food Safety Manager
- Extension Master Gardener course
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- University of Illinois Extension SNAP-Ed Team of the Year 2019
FAVORITE SNAP-Ed RECIPE: HAMBURGER SKILLET DINNER
- 1 lb. ground beef, lean
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced, or 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1) In a large skillet or pot, brown beef and onion. Drain excess fat.
2) Add rest of ingredients to skillet or pot.
3) Cover and cook on high for 1-2 minutes.
4) Reduce heat and cook slowly (simmer) for 15 minutes. Nutrition facts available on
EXAMPLES OF KELLIE’S PROGRAM PARTNERS
- Tazewell County Health Department
- JL Hensey Elementary School, Washington
- Headstart Family Center, East Peoria
- Pekin Housing Authority
- The Hope Chest, Pekin