The University of Illinois Extension will be offering a Soil & Water Management Seminar on February 26, 2014 from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
This program is geared toward Certified Crop Advisors, farmers and other agricultural professionals and will be held at both the Knox County Extension Office and in the 4-H Auditorium at the McDonough County Fair Grounds.
The presentations and speakers will be:
- Cover Crops in Illinois - Dr. Joel Gruver, Western Illinois University
- Using Wetlands to Reduce Nutrient Loading from Tile - Dr. David Kovacic, University of Illinois
- The Role of Soil Management in Reducing Impacts of Weather Variation - Dr. Jerry Hatfield, Agricultural Research Service
- Effects of 2011 Flooding and Levee breaches on Agricultural Lands of the Ohio and Mississippi River Valleys - Dr. Ken Olson, University of Illinois
- Vertical Tillage Equipment - Dr. Tony Vyn, Purdue University
For CCAs, five continuing education units in Soil and Water Management will be offered.
Registration ($50 cost) is required for this program and includes lunch. The deadline for registration is February 19th.