This seminar, to be held in 17 county Extension offices (see map), will feature the results of some of the most current soil fertility research from Midwestern University researchers.
This seminar, which will be offered live through distance learning technology, will run from 9 AM to 2:30 PM on Friday, February 27 and feature the following speakers and presentation topics:
- 9:00-9:50 Nutrient Management is More than Application Rate – Dr. Fabián Fernández, University of Minnesota
- 9:50-10:40 How Algae Blooms have Affected Nutrient Management in the Lake Erie Basin – Gregory LaBarge, The Ohio State University Extension
- 10:45-10:55 Break
- 10:55-11:45 Nitrogen Management Practices: Reducing Atmospheric and Leaching Losses while Maintaining Yields – Dr. Cameron Pittelkow, University of Illinois
- 11:45-12:30 Lunch provided with registration
- 12:30-1:20 Making Soil Fertility Decisions in 2015 – Dr. Emerson Nafziger, University of Illinois
- 1:20-2:10 Evaluation of Adapt-N in the Corn Belt – Dr. Carrie Laboski, University of Wisconsin.
Program registration, which includes lunch and refreshments, will cost $50. Visit the Soil Fertility Seminar Webpage to register.