Illinois Extension has a vast collection of resources addressing horticultural interests. We recognize that home and commercial horticulturalists each have unique needs, so we've cultivated a set of resources designed to address their top concerns. Check them out below.
Master Gardener Help Desk
Our Master Gardener Help Desks are closed for the 2022 growing season. We look forward to returning next spring! In the meantime, you may email questions to:
- DuPage County: email@example.com
- Kane County: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kendall County: email@example.com
General Help Desk Email Submission Tips:
- In addition to your question, please include as much additional information as possible:
- This could include planting date, age of plant, chemicals used, number of plants affected, where found, patterns, when symptoms were first noticed, etc.
- Please check your photos before submitting them. Are they clear and in-focus?
- When possible, please include a size reference in your photos (such as a pen, ruler, or a coin).
- For plant identifications, please include photos of the whole plant AND close-ups of plant parts.
- Parts may include leaves, flowers, roots, fruit, seeds, etc.
- Send a maximum of 10 images per sample/question.
Learn More about Master Programs
Local and State Resources
Gardener's Corner - latest issue
Over the Garden Fence Blog
Four Seasons Gardening Series
Podcast: Green Side Up